TiVo Modules for VLC
TiVo-VLC is a set of modules for the
that provide compatability with
file formats and server.
With these modules and VLC, you can:
- Play TiVo "TY" format files from any source VLC can access
including files & many types of streaming.
- Get "Now Showing" lists and play any program from your TiVo directly in
must have a "hacked" TiVo
with vserver running on it for this to work.
- Transcode TY files into almost any other media file format using
different audio and video codecs. This includes everything VLC supports.
See their webpage
here for a current list.
- Platform independent - Runs anywhere VLC can. Currently this includes
Windows, Mac OSX, and many Unix flavors.
- Source Code available (this is SourceForge!)
- Works with most TiVo models (If it doesn't work on yours, please
post a message so we can patch the source and
make it compatible with your model!)
- Binaries provided for Windows, Mac OSX, and i386 Unix
TY Streams Tested on:
- Series 1 DirecTivo (both MPEG & AC-3 audio)
- Series 1 Stand Alone
- Series 1 UK Stand Alone
- Series 2 DirecTivo (both MPEG & AC-3 audio -- only 1 stream tested)
- Series 2 Stand Alone
- Series 2 HD Stand Alone